San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you a business owner who wants to take control of your own website instead of being handcuffed to your "IT guy"?
Are you an entrepreneur who wants to launch your own business building cutting edge websites for your clients?
Join technology evangelist Craig Thompson for hands-on instruction in WordPress, and get all the tools you need to build and manage websites on the world's most popular open source platform!
In this class, you will learn:
- How WordPress works, and why it is the top content management system used by developers
- How to install WordPress for your domain and choose a design theme for your site
- How to set up pages on your website
- How to create categories and posts, like blog articles and press releases
- How to add widgets in the sidebar and footer for things like contact information, advertising, social media links, and more
- How to add search engine optimization to your WordPress site to improve your ranking in Google and other search engines
Craig will walk you step-by-step through the fundamentals of WordPress, so that you can create and manage a WordPress website like a pro! You will also receive detailed handouts that you can use for reference after the class.
Be sure to bring a laptop, if you can. This will be a hands-on learning experience! Seating is limited.
This class is the first in a new weekly series of Online Marketing Tools for small- and mid-size businesses. Join our mailing list and learn about other upcoming classes, and master the best practices for Internet marketing in the New Year!
When & Where
Craig Thompson is a self-professed “technology evangelist” with 20 years’ experience in the IT industry. He is president and CEO of GlobalWebHQ, an interactive marketing company that specializes in website and mobile application development, search engine optimization, and online video. After developing websites for clients for several years, Craig delved into the world of mobile applications and has since spearheaded the company's development team in building dozens of apps for clients designed to improve business efficiencies or appeal to a consumer audience. Craig is passionate about teaching business owners the skills and tools they need to succeed with online marketing, and help other entrepreneurs leverage technology to grow their business.