Creating and Delivering A Killer Keynote
Thursday, November 29, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Creating and Delivering a Killer Keynote Workshop
The Holidays are Coming! And For speakers, it's the perfect time to create new material for the upcoming year.
Business slows down a little, and December is a great time to rev up for a new season of great content and a new, or improved keynote!
It has been four years since Mike Svat and I presented the Killer Keynote Workshop. During that time, a lot has changed in the speaking industry. While many speakers have noticed a decline in their business, mine has grown with more bookings and higher fees! I am ready to share all my secrets with you! In this full day, face-to-face workshop we will go through the writing process, step-by-step, and the delivering of a killer keynote.
Here’s the plan:
· The opening: This has really changed since 2008. (Learn the secret I learned from Guy Kawasaki when we both spoke at the 2012 AMEX conference.)
· How to make your content come alive
· The elements of a story, and how to tell a “Business” story in your content
· Five ways to make it funnier
· The art of closing or, "Why some closings get a standing O and some do not!"
· How to handle the Q and A
· Ideas on how to bring a "value add" to the conference and get your full fee!
M The Marketing of your Killer Keynote
· Strategic Social Media: How you can create SM that grows your brand (in only 15 minutes a day!)
· The five things you need on your website
· The 2013 publicity photo for the beginner speaker, and the "rock star" photo for the experienced speaker
· Video Clips and what to do with them. (How YouTube can get you bookings!)
· Blog ideas that grow your content
· Newsletters that work
· A huge Constant Contact secret (I learned from Crystal) on how to grow your mailing list with raving fans
· Plus, in the last hour I will share all that has worked, and the changes I have made over the past four years including: Content, Topics, Audiences, AV, Bureaus, Showcases, and Spin-Off secrets.
· As an additional bonus, you can schedule a photo shoot (right there ) with Mike Svat. Contact Mike for more information on this offer MikeSvat@mac.com
"Karen has catapulted my speaking career. In less than a year she helped me reevaluate and update my image, create a business system, tweak my presentation style, and up my fee considerably. The end results are my being picked up and booked by multiple speaker bureaus as well as multiplying my annual speaking income to the point that I’ve been able to completely rely on speaking and only do consulting when I see a fun project come along." Crystal Washington
When & Where
Karen McCullough is high-demand, top-rated speakers in the U.S. Her clients call her A Shot of Energy – Karen opens conferences, meetings and minds!.
Karen was NSA Houston President 2006- Developed and Presented the NSA Houston’s ProTrack 2007 and 2009. Karen is a distinguished CSP (Certified Speaking Professional), Karenand has also been recognized by NSA Houston with the John Wolfe award and Toastmasters International gave her the 2006 Communicator and Leadership Award (and she wasn’t a member of Toastmasters!) She works with top speaker bureaus including Keppler, Goldstars, Executive, Worldwide, Speaker’s Network, Rave Reviews and others...