The aim of the one-day conference is to generate content for the launch of The Journal of European Football to be published by Routledge. The conference will be organised around conversations related to the following six themes:
1. Flourishing Academies - Better Youth Footballers (Professor Tony Ghaye, Hartpury University Center)
2. The Influence of European Football in China (Professor Jean Williams, Wolverhampton University)
3. Developments within the Role of a Director of Football (Dr. Dan Parnell, Manchester Met University)
4. Female Football Fandom (Dr. Stacey Pope, Durham University)
5. The Global Commercialisation of European Football (Professor Simon Chadwick, Salford University)
6. Social Media and European Football (Dr. Paul Widdop, Leeds Met University)
Table discussions will be archived in two ways, through written summaries and video diaries.
Lunch and refreshments throughout the day are included within the delegate fee.
Attendees will also recieve a summary of the main issues within 4 weeks.