Actions and Detail Panel
Sat, April 15, 2017, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
Heartsaver® CPR AED is an instructor-led course that teaches adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults, children, and infants. This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
Students will recieve 4 Training Hours towards their 100 hour requirement.
This is a closed private training only available to UAlbany students from the College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security, and Cybersecurity. This is not open to the public.