CPC 5-Day Boot Camp Newark, NJ
Monday, June 9, 2014 at 8:30 AM - Friday, June 13, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
Certified Professional Coder (CPC®)
AAPC’s Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) credential is the gold standard for medical coding in physician office settings and held by more than 80,000 coding professionals. CPC®’s are critical to compliant and profitable medical practices and typically earn 20% more than non-certified coders.* The CPC® increases your chances of being hired and retained in a competitive job market.
A Certified Professional Coder has proven by rigorous examination and experience that they know how to read a medical chart and assign the correct diagnosis (ICD-9), procedure (CPT®), and supply (HCPCS Level II) code for a wide variety of clinical cases and services.
The CPC®'s abilities include:
- Expertise in reviewing and assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures, and services performed by physicians and other qualified health care providers
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, including evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgical services, radiology, pathology and medicine
- A sound knowledge of medical coding rules and regulations including compliance and reimbursement – allowing a CPC® to better handle issues such as medical necessity, claims denials, bundling issues and charge capture
- Knowing how to integrate medical coding and reimbursement rule changes into a practice's reimbursement processes
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology necessary to correctly code provider diagnosis and services
When & Where
AAPC Oakland Chapter
The Oakland chapter of AAPC is a part of the AAPC Chapter Association
(AAPCCA), a non-profit corporation. The Oakland Chapter was formed under the
operational direction of AAPC, and operates by the local chapter officers under the direction of AAPCCA’s Board of Directors. The Oakland chapter exists to extend the benefits of AAPC membership to its local members.
The Oakland Chapter meetings are held every third Wednesday of each month at 1800 Harrison Street, Oakland, California 94612. The officers of the Oakland Chapter welcome you to join us and allow us to share in the advancement of your career.