You Are Invited!
Learn About Urban Farming and Enjoy Delicious, Local Food
Join us on September 10, 2016, from 11 am to 3 pm, for the Coyote Valley Family Harvest Feast, a celebration of healthy, delicious, and farm-fresh food.
Get outside and celebrate the season with your family and friends. Enjoy the bountiful harvest of our local Santa Clara Valley farms and get tips for growing and preparing delicious foods. Want to start growing fruits and vegetables at home? Or introduce your kids to healthy foods? Get advice from expert local chefs, growers, and entrepreneurs.
This family-friendly festival will include:
- Free admission
- Tips on home gardening, farming & craft food
- Cooking demonstrations led by expert local chefs
- Food trucks featuring Santa Clara Valley-grown ingredients
- Music & entertainment from around the world
- Kid-friendly activities
- Guided hikes through the scenic Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve. Coyote Valley features some of the last remaining farmland in Santa Clara County and vital habitat for endangered plants and animals.
- Free parking on-site
- Free shuttle bus service from San Jose
Come early as it may get hot in the afternoon. There will be plenty of shade and fresh drinking water available on-site. Please bring a refillable water bottle, wear sturdy closed-toe shoes, and bring a wide-brimmed hat and sunscreen.
More information will be posted here as it becomes available. Stay tuned!
FREE ROUND-TRIP BUS RIDES!
We will be offering round-trip transportation from the following sites. You can download a schedule of pick up and drop off times HERE. Please choose the location closest to you and contact the phone numbers listed below to register for a spot!
- Asian Americans for Community Involvement, 749 Story Rd Suite 50, San Jose - Contact Hazel at 408-975-2730 x388
- Sacred Heart Community Service, 1381 S 1st St., San Jose - Contact 408-754-4555
- VTA Great Mall Main Transit Center, Great Mall Parkway near Main St., Milpitas - Contact 408-754-4555
11:15 am Akoma Arts & Drums – West African and African-American drumming and dance
11:45 am House of Inanna - Middle Eastern belly dancing
12:15 pm Wings of Hundred Viet Dance Company – Traditional Vietnamese dance
12:45 pm Mariachi Juvenil Alma de Mexico - Mexican mariachi music and dance
1:30 pm Andy Z – Kid-friendly music & comedy
2:15 pm California Nurpur Dance Academy - Traditional Indian dance
2:45 pm The Incident - Hindi rock band
Food Trucks (confirmed)
- The Fish Taco Wabo - Mexican
- DUM Truck - Indian
- BBQ Kalbi - Korean Fusion
- Kiwanis Club - American, kid-friendly foods
- Vitamina Juices & Blends - juices and smoothies made from fresh, natural ingredients
- Kona Ice (Hawaiian shave ice)
Urban Farming Partners:
- La Mesa Verde by Sacred Heart Community Services
- Garden To Table
Thanks to Our Sponsors:
- Bay Area Parent
- Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST)
- American AgCredit
Special Thank You to the Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority for use of the Great Mall/Main Transit Center