This course will address the procedures for conducting a risk assessment for errors and fraud. It will review risks for financial statement preparation, operations, and compliance. Methods for designing and assessing the effectiveness of internal controls, including the importance of monitoring the controls, will be discussed.
Further, the instructor will review the COSO framework for internal controls and provide examples of how to implement the framework. Examples of preventive and detective controls will be illustrated and he will review the importance of internal controls and how they can reduce the time and cost of financial statement audits and reduce the risk of fines from compliance audits.
A few key areas of focus in this two day training will include:
- Internal controls designed to prevent errors and fraud
- Internal controls designed to detect errors and fraud
- Designing a good risk assessment
- Conducting a risk assessment
- Monitoring internal controls
- Using good internal controls to reduce audit costs
- Internal controls for operations
- Internal controls for compliance
- How to conduct a risk assessment
- Designing internal controls
- Evaluating and assessing internal controls
- What are key preventive controls
- What are key detective controls
- How good internal controls can reduce audit costs
- How good internal controls can reduce the risk of penalties in compliance audits
Who Will Benefit:
- Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiners
- Internal and External Auditors
- Chief Financial Officers
- Accounting Managers
- Public and Private Accountants
- Risk Officers
- Compliance Officers
We are registered with and adhere to the Statement on Standards for Continuing Professional Education programs of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Our registration number is 109066. Please check with the governing body of your license and state for specific CPE requirements. Grievances may be forwarded to the company at 650 620 3961. Grievances may also be forwarded to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors-NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417, 615-880-4200,www.learningmarket.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Use coupon code < NB5SQH8N > and get 10% off on registration.
Keywords: COSO framework training program, COSO framework for internal controls, risk assessment, risks of misstatement, internal controls for operations
Save This Event
When & Where
Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.