Cosentino Presents: an Introduction to "Ultracompact Surfacing"
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 from 2:30 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Cosentino Presents - "Ultracompact Surfacing”
with a CE Presentation, Tour and Social Mixer
New York, NY
October 30, 2013
2:30 PM Registration Begins
3:00 - 4:00 PM
Surface Innovation - Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces with Ultracompact Surfacing
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #:COS06E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Glenn Kross
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain the importance of “going beyond green.”
1. Define the difference between “green” buildings and “green” products
2. Describe the benefits of recycling
3. List different materials used as recycled content
4. Describe recycled content surfacing materials and their manufacturing process
5. Explain the environmental advantages of resin based recycled content surfacing
6. Explain how recycled products can contribute to obtaining points under the LEED rating system
7. Describe what Cradle-to-Cradle and GREENGUARD certifications are and why they are important
8. Explain the importance of specifying and using recycled content surfacing products as related to
indoor environmental issues.
4:00 - 5:00 PM
Surface Innovation: Redefining Boundaries of Interior/Exterior Spaces – A Tour
AIA Course #: COS06F
Presenter: Glenn Kross
This one hour gallery tour will better inform the designer about ultracompact surfacing materials.
The course will provide a visual walking tour where individuals can actually interact with the material
and assess the characteristics and benefits. Seven firms will display 30”x30” models of how they would utilize ultracompact surfacing to create spaces that would traditionally be indoors but can now be outdoors because of the stone-like technology. Participants will gain insight into how this surfacing material possesses the same characteristics of natural stone while providing unmatched color and design flexibility.
1. Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and
2. Define ultracompact surfacing and the innovative production process that creates intrinsically
3. Discuss designing with ultracompact surfaces in terms color, texture, and format.
4. Discuss the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical
resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing.
5. Identify possible interior/exterior application options with ultracompact surfacing material.
5:00 – 8:00 PM “Social Mixer”
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.