Advanced strategies to radically elevate your results, your organisational buy-in, and even your job description
In 2017, industry leader and bestselling author, Kim Skildum-Reid, continues to set the standard for sponsorship training. In her signature straightforward, practical style, Kim will teach sponsors skills to...
- Find the creative leverage ideas that will drive your results and reduce your budget
- Re-engineer underperforming sponsorships
- Increase internal buy-in
- Get huge results from smaller investments
- Structure your portfolio for maximum power and efficiency
- Measure and communicate your real results
Information about this workshop can be found below. In addition, you can...
- Download the full 2017 Power Sponsorship Workshops brochure
- Email us with any questions you may have
- Check out who has attended and what they have to say
Sponsorship is the most powerful tool in your marketing toolbox. This one-day workshop for sponsors combines the most cutting edge strategies and promising trends from around the world with practical skills to create huge advances in your sponsorship results.
This workshop is highly interactive and incorporates group, small group, and individual exercises, dozens of case studies and examples, and ample time to address your questions.
What it means to manage sponsorship in 2017
- Redefining your role
- Redefining sponsorship’s role
- Harnessing the trends (without following the pack)
- The five things you must have to do sponsorship well
The new sponsorship selection
- The most and least powerful benefits
- The art of the counter-offer
- Warning signs of a difficult partner
Advanced leverage skills
- Turn the opportunity you’ve got into the results you need
- Three strategies for finding the big ideas
- Social media – what works, what truly doesn’t
- Making the most of emerging technology and trends
- Out-of-the-box leverage “hacks”
- Making an imperfect sponsorship deliver on objectives
- Reinventing a stale sponsorship
- Objectives, benchmarks, and what’s worth measuring
- Creating a complete, relevant picture of what a sponsorship achieved
- Creating the report (AKA, If it’s not measured, it didn’t happen)
Making the most of difficult situations
- Short lead-time
- No leverage budget
- Senior-executive pet project
- Uncooperative or unsophisticated partner
- Tough exits
- How it’s done and how to stop it
- Using ambush techniques to improve your sponsorships
- Portfolio structures that work, and don’t
- Two must-do portfolio audit strategies
- Managing regional management
How to sell the new approach upstream
Making this work
- Three things to change right now
- Recommended forward plans
Important: Because this workshop is only one day, and will be focusing on advanced techniques and skills, two weeks prior to the workshop, you will be provided with some light pre-reading (approximately 30 minutes).
Bonus Post-Workshop Support
Every registered participant will receive one complimentary, formal coaching session with Kim Skildum-Reid, to be used within twelve months after your workshop. This is an AU $770 value. Put Kim to work on your toughest challenges!
Just have a quick question? Workshop participants are always welcome to drop Kim a line for a quick chat and some off-the-cuff advice.
Participants in the Corporate Sponsorship Masterclass will receive a copy of Kim's new classic for sponsors, The Corporate Sponsorship Toolkit.
About the Facilitator, Kim Skildum-Reid
Kim Skildum-Reid is unquestionably one of the sponsorship industry’s most influential thought leaders. She has 30 years’ experience in corporate sponsorship and is one of very few professionals credited with defining and setting the best practice benchmark for the sponsorship industry. Her inspired, yet practical, approach and refreshing, irreverent style have won her legions of fans.
Kim is co-author of #1 industry bestseller, The Sponsorship Seeker’s Toolkit, and author of The Corporate Sponsorship Toolkit and The Ambush Marketing Toolkit.
Kim provides content and commentary to business and industry media around the world, including Harvard Business Review, CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg, Marketing News (US), Marketing Africa, Marketing Russia, Sponsorreport (Netherlands), Successful Meetings (US), Brand Republic (UK), National Business Review (New Zealand), Adnews (Australia), Marketing (Australia), South China Morning Post, China Business Review, Australian Financial Review, and far too many more to list.
In addition to training, Kim provides strategic advice, portfolio audits, strategy sessions, and coaching for clients around the world. To find out more, see www.powersponsorship.com.
PowerSponsorship.com is one of the most popular websites in the industry and a testament to Kim’s commitment to elevating the industry she loves.
Register and pay by 12 April 2017 and deduct AU $55 off each registration for Corporate Sponsorship Masterclass.
Register three people for a workshop and get a fourth for free. In 2016, we had ELEVEN groups of four registered, and THREE groups of eight or more!
Not available with online registration. Please download the brochure and use that form.
Instructions, Terms, and Conditions
Registration will not be accepted without payment. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Payment will be accepted by credit card, PayPal, or direct deposit only. Do not send a cheque.
Confirmation of your registration and a tax invoice will be e-mailed to you within one working day of receiving your registration and payment. Please use a separate form for each delegate.
Full refunds will be made for registrations cancelled in writing and received by Power Sponsorship at least 14 days before the workshop. Within 14 days of course commencement, no refunds will be issued. Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time up to close-of-business the day prior to the workshop.
Power Sponsorship reserves the right not to accept a registration from any individual or company.
The fee above includes Australian GST. GST is not payable by international delegates. If you are resident outside of Australia and want to attend this event in Sydney, please download the brochure and use that form so that we can ensure GST is not added to your fee. Power Sponsorship is a division of Pearlwise Pty Ltd, 25 Samuel Street, Tempe NSW 2044, ABN 95062415525.
Feel free to drop us a line...
PH: +61 2 9559 6444
Save This Event
Australian Institute of Management
7 Macquarie Place
Power Sponsorship provides corporate sponsorship consulting, training, coaching, and resources for sponsorship professionals.
PH (AU): +61 2 9559 6444
PH (US): +1 612 326 5265