Corporate Induction training is for new Monmouthshire County Council employees or existing employees that have recently changed roles. The Council recognises the importance of welcoming new employees and this is an opportunity for staff to find out more about the Authority as a whole, meet colleagues from other service areas and to gain a valuable overview of the work we do as an Authority
This Two day programme aims to introduce all new employees to the Council and through participation in group activity and discussion, new employees will have the opportunity to begin to identify how the work they do in their teams contributes to meeting the overall working priorities of the council, whilst meeting the needs of the citizens who seek to access the councils many services.
duration: 2 days -
The days agenda includes:
• An introduction to the “Corporate Senior Management Team”, who is responsible for what.
• The significance of the County Councillor in the overall structure.
• Paul Matthews Chief Executive explains Core Values .
• What is “The Hub” and how can it help you to help yourself and your service?
• What are our “Corporate Values”, and what do they mean for you and the work you do?
• Sustainability in working approaches.
• The future and why Agile Working is high on the agenda.
• A brief introduction to “Equality in Service Delivery” and what does this mean for us in terms of being an Equal Opportunities provider and employer.
• Emergency Planning.
• Our “Communication Standards” and what this means for us when communicating with or contacting each other and members of the public.
• Health & Safety, your responsibilities as an employee.
• Councillor Presents their input into MCC
• Aims and objectives of ‘YOUR COUNTY YOUR WAY’
• Bus Trip showing the demographics of MCC and the diverse services we provide.