Actions and Detail Panel
Corporate Finance 2017 Summer
Wed, Jul 5, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, Jul 21, 2017, 12:00 PM PDT
Corporate Finance is an introductory finance course for law students. No prior background in finance or accounting (or law, for that matter) is required, but a willingness to work with numbers and financial data is crucial. The objective of the course is to supplement your legal training by introducing the fundamental theoretical principles of finance and of the practical environment in which financial decisions are made.
We will cover the following topics:
(1) an introduction to accounting terminology and financial statements
(2) using financial statements to
a) evaluate a company’s performance
b) make projections about a company’s future
(3) the theory and practice of capital structure decisions
(4) using the concept of “discounting”
a) to evaluate an investment opportunity
b) to value a company
(5) advanced topics in finance
b) financial and real options
c) mergers and acquisitions
d) financial distress and bankruptcy
e) initial public offerings (IPOs)
f) venture capital
g) leveraged buyouts
The course will consist of approximately one-half lecture and one-half in-class case discussions, for which students should prepare carefully.
Readers: A reader will be used in this class.
Analysis for Financial Management
Copyright Date: To Be Determined
Note: prices are sampled from internet bookstores. Folletts prices are unavailable at this time.
Instructor: Kenneth Ayotte
Meeting Time: MTuWThF 9:00AM-12:00PM
Meeting Location: TBA
Course Start: July 05, 2017
Course End: July 21, 2017
*Subject to change slightly. For the most current course description and details, see the Summer 2017 Schedule of Classes.
PLE participants may receive a full refund of the registration fee, minus a $100 cancellation fee per course, by submitting a cancellation request by email to the PLE program administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days before the start of the quarter in which the course occurs. Refunds will not be given if cancellation request is received later than 30 days before the quarter begins. See our Policies page for more details.
If you register for 3 or more courses this summer, you qualify for a $1000 discount on your third course.*
To claim your discount:
- You register and pay for your first 2 courses
- You email email@example.com with the subject “Course Discount” and a message including your name, the titles of the courses for which you are already registered, and the title of the 3rd course you wish to add
- We email you a promo code
- You enter the promo code when you pay for your 3rd course
*This discount only applies to the 3rd course you enroll in during a single summer, it can be used only for the purchase of the 3rd course, and cannot be applied retroactively.