Join us for a three-day hands-on course that prepares you for all aspects of fiber optic cable installation in a local area network environment. Both multimode and single-mode fiber types are covered. Cable placement, fusion and mechanical splicing, cable termination (connector installation and pigtail splicing), and acceptance testing are taught with extensive hands-on practice. Build, test, and troubleshoot complete single-mode and multimode systems in this class. Also covered is the use of equipment, hardware and procedures pertaining to building distribution and campus applications.
Photo identification is required for admittance to the Hickory facility. Lunch will be provided during each session. Student will be provided resource materials and any tools and consumables needed to complete classroom hands-on exercises.
Attendees are eligible for 21 BICSI continuing education credits. Certificate of completion must be submitted to BICSI for credit.
Corning Employees: class is available at Corning Learning Central.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: If you are an employee or representative of a federal, state or local government, please determine whether your agency's policies or regulations permit you to attend this training session. Corning complies with all applicable laws related to the provision of gifts and entertainment, including meals and beverages. Government employees and representatives will not be eligible to win gifts and must comply with applicable laws regarding meals and beverages.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- All credit card refunds due to attendee cancellations are subject to an additional 3% cancellation fee.
- 100% refund with notice of 14 or more business days.
- 80% refund with notice of 5 or more business days. (Eventbrite allows you to refund up to 5 days prior to the event)
- No refund will be given with notice less than 5 business days.
- If, for any reason, the course is cancelled by Corning, liability is limited to return of the course fee.
- Private class cancellations that are cancelled by the requesting party 5 or less days from the start date of the class, will be billed for unrecovered costs.
When & Where
Corning See the Light Training
Corning has developed a comprehensive, integrated training program to meet the needs of designers, installers and end users of fiber optic products. Courses include hands-on installation and design classes for data centers, wireless and local area networks.
Our class material is written and taught by field-experienced technical experts. Our teaching style incorporates hands-on training and interactive discussion on the latest products and solutions. Our courses have been approved by industry-recognized certifications such as BICSI, ETA and FOA. Continuing education credits and certifications are available (additional fees may apply).