Copy of Lino Cut Printmaking Workshop
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early, class will start on time. All class reservations must be paid in advance and cannot be cancelled or changed less than 72 hours prior to class. Sorry, no exceptions.
Lino and Mono Printing - Pick your Subject Workshop
-Saturday, May 17th 2-5pm $57 each Includes All Supplies
No Experience Required.
This class is a fun day of carving, stamping and art making. You will learn all the techniques to create your own lino cut stamp, how to ink it and create several of your own mono-prints with a wide variety of colors.
The subject of your lino is wide open to a variety of topics such as flowers, koi, seashells, sea creatures, landscapes and more. Choose from one of our patterns or bring your own graphic picture and we will help you turn it into your own cration. The possibilities are endless.
- Be introduced to the art of lino cut printing, learn to choose your subject and how to simplify it to make a dynamic lino
- Develop an understanding of the print making medium, the materials, equipment and tools
- Learn how to transfer print designs onto linoleum
- Learn lino cutting techniques required to carve a print, you will learn the best ways to get a clean carve and how to manage the edges of the lino.
- Learn how to properly ink your linoleum to prepare to print
- Learn printing techniques without the use of a printing press, we will use a basic one color printing technique as well as multiple color printing (this is where the linos come to life)
- By the end of class you will have one linocut carved block and several colorful prints from both your lino and the many we have carved.
Red Brick Gallery
315 E. Main St
Red Brick Art
New Workshops for adults in Pastels, Mosaics, Watercolors, Acrylics, Clay, PhotoShop, Photography and more weekly.
Red Brick Art is located at 4601 Telephone Rd #112 Ventura CA 93003