Cooper U Interaction Design: San Francisco, CA
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Friday, July 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
About Cooper's Interaction Design Training in San Francisco, California
July 16 - 19, 2013
Learn about Personas and Goal-Directed design from the people who invented them! Our practicum is a hands-on workshop led by senior Cooper staff. First, we'll show you how to practice Goal-Directed Design in more depth than you'll find anywhere else, then you and a small group of professionals from around the world will put it into practice to design an example product. This course also serves as the foundation for the rest of our Cooper U curriculum.
- Identifying, clarifying, and reframing business opportunities and product strategy
- Planning and conducting field research to develop a deep understanding of your users
- Turning research data into a set of personas that guide (and sell!) the design Using scenarios and goals to identify and prioritize requirements Using scenarios to define the right interaction framework
- Applying these methods to everything from pie-in-the-sky innovation to minor product updates
What participants will learn
- Plan and conduct user research using powerful ethnographic techniques
- Distinguish what users say they want from what they really need
- Translate your observations into personas, goals, and scenarios
- Develop and prioritize requirements based on user and business goals
- Quickly turn requirements into a concrete product concept
What people are saying:
“This is commercially grounded, highly captivating, very interactive, a lot of fun, and has given me something to take back which I’m confident I can apply. The cost benefit is not an issue—this has to be taken by our designers.”
“Highly recommended! Even as an experienced designer I both learned a lot and got a sanity check for the work I’m doing. I’m totally energized!”
“The Cooper U Interaction Design training was one of the most valuable professional training courses I’ve taken in my career. My instructor was fantastic, the course material and activities were great, and the hands-on work with peers fostered good collaboration and teamwork. I’m definitely recommending it to my colleagues!”
We will refund 100% of your payment (less any multi-person or multi-course discounts that no longer apply) or apply it to another course if you notify us 20 business days before the start of your course, or 50% if you notify us 10 business days before. There are no refunds for cancellation fewer than 10 business days before the course begins. By applying to attend Cooper U, you certify that these financial terms are authorized by the appropriate person in your company. By enrolling in this workshop, I agree Cooper reserves the right to share, copy, and modify the materials gathered including notes, photos, statements, digital recordings, and representative artifacts in order to share knowledge and in education and business development activities. Cooper does not share personal information, such as name, contact or biographic information, nor directly attribute any quotes or images.
When & Where
Since 1992, Cooper has partnered with clients to design everything from medical devices to consumer products to sophisticated business tools. Our specialty has always been bringing clarity to complex situations.
Ten years ago, we decided to expand our impact by teaching and mentoring clients and design professionals. Drawing from our 20 years of experience, we offer custom training for companies and public classes in interaction design, visual interface design, design communication and collaboration, and our intensive UX Boot Camp. Learn more at www.Cooper.com.