Actions and Detail Panel
Cooking for Kids Skill Development Training- Oklahoma City, OK
Tue, Jul 18, 2017, 8:30 AM – Thu, Jul 20, 2017, 4:00 PM CDT
COOKING for KIDS Skill Development Training is a comprehensive, three-day training program for child nutrition professionals. Upon successful completion of this program, schools will be eligible for personalized lunchroom planning with Cooking for Kids’ professional chef consultants.
Skill development training covers learning how to:
- Review and taste new recipes
- Strengthen focus on food safety, knife skills and mise en place
- Effectively use flavor-enhancing herbs
- Improve results with whole grains and vegetables
- Implement national best practices
- Create smarter lunchrooms
- Use special culinary and production techniques and USDA commodity products
Training will take place on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30am-4:00pm each day.
Preference will be giving to head cooks and kitchen managers. A limit of 5 per district will be set.