Cooking for a Cure - Benefiting Pancreatic Cancer Research
Sunday, June 8, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Cooking for a Cure
A culinary tasting event benefiting pancreatic cancer research
Entice your taste buds and surrender to your inner foodie at Cooking for a Cure, an event benefiting pancreatic cancer research! What better way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon than at a culinary tasting tour hosted by Plan Check Kitchen + Bar on Fairfax. Featuring six nationally-renowned chefs, you'll enjoy signature dishes, specialty Tito's Vodka cocktails created by Livigni + Moix and Matt Biancaniello, beer by Golden Road Brewery, wine, passed punch, and a silent auction.
Pancreatic cancer remains underfunded and underserved in the cancer community. It remains the 4th leading cause of cancer deaths and is predicted to become 2nd by 2020. Help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 to establish a research grant towards finding a cure for this devastating disease.
Join us at Plan Check Kitchen + Bar (Fairfax)
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Noon – 4 PM
Tickets: $200 per person, and additional donations are greatly appreciated!
- Ernesto Uchimura – Executive Chef & Partner of Plan Check and Plan Check Fairfax. Los Angeles magazine “Chef of the Year”
- Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo – Owners of animal, Son of a Gun and Trois Mec. Shook and Dotolo have received four James Beard nominations and were named Food & Wine's "Best New Chefs" in 2008.
- Michael Voltaggio – Chef/Owner of critically-acclaimed restaurant ink. and sandwich concept ink.sack. "Best New Chefs" - Food & Wine, "Best New Restaurant in America" - GQ, Winner of Top Chef (Season 6)
- Bernhard Mairinger – Chef/Owner of the award-winning BierBeisl and BierBeisl Imbiss (opening Summer 2014) Austrian restaurants. "Best new restaurant" - Esquire, Los Angeles magazine, Los Angeles Times
- Josef Centeno – Chef/Owner Baco Mercat, Bar Ama, and Orsa & Winston. James Beard nominee lauded by the Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Food & Wine, and Bon Appetit
- Brendan Collins – Chef/Owner Waterloo & City, Executive Chef Larry’s Venice. Star of TVs House of Food (MTV), Bar Rescue (Spike), Knife Fight (Esquire Network)
Event Board: Jeff Price, Terry Heller, Joey Leff, Jessica Sorgini, and Gay Harwin
When & Where
The Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
FOUNDATION MISSION STATEMENT
To find a cure for pancreatic cancer in honor of Ron Hirshberg and the thousands of people who are diagnosed with this disease each year.
To create a premier Pancreatic Cancer Center where all the needs of pancreatic cancer patients can be met in one location with the most advanced treatment options.
To be recognized as a patient support reference source for pancreatic cancer patients and their families.
To fund new projects and programs designed to improve patient care, treatment and, ultimately, pancreatic cancer survival rates.
To integrate and unite generations, young and old, through physical fitness participation, while creating public awareness and raising money to find a cure for pancreatic cancer.