Instructor Biography: Jacob Sommer
Jacob Sommer is a student, homebody and parent. He is currently completing his BA in Political Science at UMass Boston. Jacob works for the student newspaper as a proofreader and copyeditor - he writes for them for fun - and recently joined the Student Senate.
In the longer term he has been cooking for over thirty years as a home cook, constantly looking for how to make his dishes better, easier or both.
His first complex dish was homemade spaghetti sauce with onions, mushrooms and peppers, made in 1979. His cheddar buttermilk biscuits, peanut sesame sauce, and roast chicken with garlic are some of the best around Boston. He was dubbed a foodgod in 1993 for his gourmet knowledge and the moniker stuck.
Saturday 1/29/2011, 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM @ 561 Windsor St, Unit A306, Somerville MA
When & Where
Artisan's Asylum, Inc.
Artisan's Asylum is a 40,000 sq. ft. member-based non-profit community fabrication center located in Somerville MA, dedicated to making creativity a way of life. Our mission is to support and promote the teaching, learning and practicing of design & fabrication by offering:
* Shared design and fabrication tools and equipment in our various community workshops.
* A large range of publicly-accessible classes offered by local artisans.
* Various monthly membership structures allowing access to our facility.
* On-site studio and storage rentals allowing members to create and store projects on-site.
* Hosting local craft-related events to help encourage DIY culture and community craftsmanship.