Cook County Demolition Debris Ordinance – Training for Municipal Employees
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (CDT)
Cook County and Delta Institute will host two free public workshops during March to educate employees of Cook County municipalities about the County’s Demolition, Debris and Diversion Ordinance, which came into effect last November.
The three-hour workshop will cover:
- the new ordinance, its benefits and compliance requirements
- the process and market for reclaimed and recycled building materials
- the role for municipal employees in explaining and enforcing the ordinance
- implications for local government processes and policies
- tools and resources available.
This event is highly relevant to Cook County municipal employees, particularly City/Village managers and planners, building and zoning officers, land use developers, code enforcement and workforce development officers.
When & Where
About Delta Institute
Delta Institute is a center of innovation that creates market opportunities to achieve environmental sustainability and economic development. In partnership with business, government and local communities, we tackle the region’s toughest environmental and economic challenges. Delta develops creative and practical solutions that are job rich, inclusive and environmentally sustainable.