Over four, 1h 10 min sessions, this course will give you a fundamental grounding in CRO and how it affects the return on investment for your business. You will learn how to analyse a website to identify the priority sections and audiences, and what opportunities and conversion blockers are in play. This will form the basis of a prioritised split testing plan, which you will be shown how to run properly to ensure accurate and insightful data is received, in order to monitor the impact of planned changes.
Finally, you will learn how to analyse, report and share findings from the tests to inform stakeholders and also to refine further testing strategies.
Who this course is for: digital marketing and e-commerce managers and executives; those with no prior experience of CRO campaigns or having tried unsuccessful campaigns in the past.
All required equipment will be provided at the venue.
Session One – introduction to CRO and Quantitative Analysis
• Explanation of the CRO process
• Calculating ROI and how changes in CRO affects the bottom line
• Quantitative analysis and why it’s important
• Analysing GA traffic reports
• Calculating “leakage” on a website
Session Two – qualitative analysis
• Qualitative analysis and why it’s important
• Different methods of qualitative analysis
• Removing blockers and increasing persuasion
• Creating test hypotheses
Break for lunch (provided)
Session Three – creating and running a test roadmap
• The value of a test roadmap and how to prioritise tests
• Different split test methods and their strengths and weaknesses
• How to set up and run split tests that give accurate results
Session Four – interpreting results to boost business
• How to determine when tests are finished
• Post-experiment segmentation
• Estimating impact
• Reporting to stakeholders and other teams
• Using testing data to inform other channel activity
By the end of the course, you will be confident in creating a testing plan, putting it into action and analysing relevant data to make insightful changes that improve results on your website.
Fresh Egg are 3-star partners with CRO service providers Optimizely, and offer 30-day online support following the training course.