San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join professional photographer Doug Ellis and a small gathering of deep seers for three days of secluded landscape photography on a 532 acre agricultural preserve in Mendocino county.
This three-day play shop will be about cultivating presence, refining your photographic vision, and engaging all your senses in the rolling hills and majestic beaches of Mendocino County. Revel in the colors and quiet majesty of fern forests, wildlife, birds, horses, lakes, ponds, oceans and swaying grasses.
In addition to time in nature, we will use contemplative photography exercises from such sources as Seeing Fresh, God is At Eye Level, and Mindful Photography to further simplify our minds and pare down our landscape compositions to their most elemental and beautiful. We will study the work of photographic greats and share our images in slide talks in the cozy learning loft.
~ We’ll be up before first light and out till last light but there will be mid-day siestas!
~ We will spend time studying the work of photographic greats and share our freshly-made images via slide talks in the cozy learning loft.
~ We will slow down enough to pay attention to what we are paying attention to, and what feelings it evokes.
~ We’ll be bunking down in our own fully equipped and furnished Victorian guest cabin in the center of Casari Ranch, a 325 acre agricultural preserve in Mendocino County, CA.
~ We’ll enjoy catered dinners, two evening wine tastings, and a field trip to the famous Bowling Ball Beach.
Most of all, we will enjoy convivial connection and a wider view of what is possible both behind and in front of the lens, while being immersed in the silence, stars, and wide open spaces of the Ranch.
This photographic retreat is perfect for you if you want to:
- Explore and enhance your creativity and power of observation.
- Learn some technical skills for better compositions and sharper images.
- Build the capacity and confidence to share your images in a supportive learning environment.
- Experience the health and stress-releasing benefits of being in nature—aka digital detox.
- Add depth and nuance to your images.
- Develop and expand an appreciation of the difference between good landscape imagery and great landscape imagery.
- Learn to listen to your intuition and develop a strong aesthetic sense.
- Have fun connecting and enjoying authentic farm to table fare and local wines with other open-minded people passionate about taking their nature photography to the level.
About Doug Ellis
Doug Ellis began his photographic journey photographing the landscapes of the Roaring Fork Valley in Colorado. He brings a unique combination of visual storytelling, creative imagination and somatic awareness to his work.
Doug currently serves as the Staff Photographer for the Transformational Leadership Council, and is a CTI, Sedona Method, and Awakening Coaching Trained spiritual life coach. His images have appeared in numerous magazines and broadcast television programs, including Travel + Leisure, Success, Oprah's Super Soul Sunday and the Today Show.
See dougellisphoto.com to learn more.
This opportunity is limited to only five participants. The fee includes daily instruction, the slide talks, two nights lodging and two catered dinners with wine tasting.
Cost is $795 if paid before May 13th, $895 thereafter.
Email doug at email@example.com or call 970-948-3871 to secure your spot today.