Actions and Detail Panel
Conscious Touch Day - Wheel of Consent Day and Conscious Cuddles Evening
Sat, September 2, 2017, 9:30 AM – 9:45 PM BST
We are delighted to be bringing to Manchester two wonderful experiential workshops that we have run successfully elsewhere which, when combined together make them even more powerful. You are very welcome to attend both but if you prefer you can attend each as a standalone workshop and still get a lot from them.
During the day we running our Wheel of Consent workshop: Tell Me What You Want What You Really, Really Want. In this workshop you will learn about how you relate to others in a clear way through the medium of platonic touch, which will allow you to explore, understand and express your authentic consent with clear communication. We devised this workshop together with the originator of the Wheel of Consent, Dr Betty Martin (www.bettymartin.org).
In the evening we will be running our signature conscious cuddles workshop Get in Touch with Yourself. In it you will experience and explore the benefits of platonic, nurturing touch and, if you attend the workshop earlier in the day, it is a great opportunity to practice and embody all that you have learned.
These workshops are:
• Experiential – you will have the opportunity to practice and explore in a safe environment. It is only within the experience of touch that the Wheel of Consent theory makes sense.
• Respectiful of your boundaries – you never have to touch or be touched by anyone or anywhere you don’t want to. In fact, you will be shown how to be clearer about that for yourself and learn tools that help you to express your boundaries.
• Confidence boosting, allowing you to say “No” and “Yes” without guilt and from a place of integrity.
• Supportive in improving your confidence and to strengthen communication and social skills, particularly in asking for what you truly want.
• Accepting. Allowing you to start wherever you are, whether you are new to the idea or wildly experienced, it doesn’t matter. Wherever you start, you will find a new level of awareness and self acceptance.
• Fun. Giving you games to take home that allow you to play within your boundaries which you can make sensual, playful or any other quality you wish to bring to them.
• Enablers that allow you to receive the benefits of platonic touch - see here for some of these benefits: http://www.sacredlighttantra.com/oxytocin/
So come and join us and find out, amongst other things, what you want, what you really, really want!
We welcome all genders over the age of 18, any sexual orientation whether you are single or in a relationship. These events have no nudity or intimate touch.
This is a pre-book event only.
Registration starts at 9.30 am for a 10.00 am prompt start and finishes at 9.45 pm for the combined day/evening. It is recommended that you bring your own food as we have relatively short breaks because we have a lot to fit in! Also please bring a blanket.
Our aim is to leave you feeling relaxed, empowered, with your heart opened and soul nurtured. Read here just some of the testimonials we have received from previous attendees.
The cost for both workshops is discounted if bought together:
Early Bird: £80 Offer ends midnight Thursday 24th August.
Full Price £104 when each purchased separately outside of Early Bird.
If you chose to attend only one of the individual workshops the prices are as follows:
Wheel of Consent:
Early Bird: £60 Offer ends midnight Thursday 24th August.
Full Price £75
Early Bird: £24 Offer ends midnight Thursday 24th August.
Full Price £29
Please see our refund policy near the bottom of this event description.
There are a limited number of concession tickets available. Please message us if you think this applies to your circumstances.
Payment can be made by purchasing a ticket but, if you want to save the fees, you can transfer the money to the bank account below and message us to add you in.
Payment bank account details: Sort Code: 08-92-99, Account No: 69645752.
Full refunds are offered if the workshop is either cancelled or rescheduled. Also if you cancel with at least 21 days before the event a full refund will be given, less a £10 administration fee. If you cancel between 14 and 21 days before the event we will refund you two thirds of what you paid whilst if you cancel between 7 and 14 days we will refund you one third of what you paid. If you cancel within 7 days of the workshop no refund is given.
Connecting in Love & Peace
Elara & Jon
PS Please note this workshop is being advertised in other media.