A fundamental assumption of Conscious Dying Education is that the nature of our heart is to give back the love, care and wisdom we receive. Conscious Dying Education Teacher Training prepares graduates of Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificate Programs to facilitate Conscious Dying Education and Care. It's a course of study for those who wish to bring this important work into their communities--to transmit their heart wisdom to others.
A Conscious Dying Educator will offer Conscious Dying Principles, Practices, and Philosophy to community organizations such as Senior Communities and Faith-based organizations, increasing the number of patients and families receiving comforting healing care they want and need most at end of life.
The Conscious Dying Educator will utilize the Best Three Months of Life Care Plan, supporting people in their communities to identify and fulfill their end of life wishes and priorities in all domains of life.
The program builds upon these requirements:
- Prerequisite - completion of the Sacred Passage Guidance End of Life Doula Certificate. (Exceptions may be granted on a case by case basis.)
- Phase I - Attendance during Phase 1 Doula Certificate, Friday, September 8 - Sunday, September 10, 2017, as a Teacher in Training with Special Mentoring prior to onset with Founder and Faculty
- Phase II Independent Project - Design and implement a Conscious Dying Education event in your community. Choose elements of the Conscious Dying Education Sacred Philosophy and Theory to integrate into your teaching practice.
- Phase III - Attendance at the 5-day End of Life Doula Certificate Workshop, Wednesday, November 8 - Sunday, November 12, 2017, (or alternate option case by case basis) as a Teacher in Training demonstrating project outcomes in the classroom.
The Teacher in Training will:
- Receive Mentoring by CDI Faculty
- Complete Student Project following Phase I and prior to Phase III: Design and Deliver a Conscious Dying Education Community Event supported by CDI materials and content
- Identify "Resonance" segments of CDI Principles, Practices and Philosophies for unique specializations and teaching tools
- Present Project in Phase III
Directors of Nursing, Health Care Educators, Healing Arts Professionals, Clinical Professionals, Senior Community Leaders, Hospice and Palliative Care Leaders and Caring Professionals who have met application requirements and been accepted for the Conscious Dying Institute (CDI)Teacher Training Program.
CEUs & Program Requirements:
CEUs provided (currently estimated at 62 nursing contact hours)
In order to receive certificate, participants must complete:
- Student Application prior to registering & attending the program(s).
- Attendance at prerequisite Sacred Passage Guidance Certificate Program(s).
- Full engagement in all learning activities of onsite course involving group/individual/partner exercises; conference calls, webinars, social networking and to work with Faculty mentor/guides(s) in exploring concepts, ideas, personal growth and coaching experiences as assigned. These may include, and are not limited to: personal reflective journaling that increase understanding and application core concepts and principles and increase self-care.
- Complete and submit all program evaluations.