"What is this?"
We're starting a Conscious Capitalism chapter here in Los Angeles, so we decided to throw a party to get the word out! Makes sense, right!?
"OK, fine, I'll bite. Tell me more."
Have you ever asked yourself any of the following questions:
- What's my sense of Purpose?
- Who's included in my sense of community?
- Am I doing the right kind of work?
- How does this work / life thing all fit together anyway?
If any of these questions resonate with you, we'd love to invite you to join our conversation...
We believe work shouldn't suck. For anyone. And we want to engage our local LA community to see if we can reinvet this "work thing" to make organizations feel more... well... human.
Since you are reading this evite, someone who knows you well believes that this conversation and budding community may be of interest to you in some meaningful way.
"What is Conscious Capitalism?
Conscious Capitalism builds on the foundations of capitalism: voluntary exchange, entrepreneurship, competition, freedom to trade and the rule of law. These are essential to a healthy functioning economy, as are other elements of Conscious Capitalism including trust, compassion, collaboration and value creation.
Our local chapter of Conscious Capitalism will explore how we can apply a more "conscious" approach to our businesses.
We will tell you more about this at the event, of course, but you can easily learn more right here, if you like to study up beforehand.
"Why should I come to this event?"
We can think of a few good reasons:
- You like the person who invited you.
- It's going to be fun (keep reading for hints).
- You’re going to interact with amazing people.
- You might learn something new, about yourself and about how to make work better.
Perhaps most importantly, if you care about things like making work not suck, you’re going to meet your tribe.
"What will we be doing?"
Simply stated, we're getting to know one another—connecting with kindred spirits who feel a pull to engage with the evolving nature of business and life.
Here's what our basic agenda looks like:
- 7:00pm -- Cocktails and mingling
- 7:40pm -- A quick bit of information from our CC-LA organizers
- 8:00pm -- More time to connect with great people
- 8:30pm -- You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!
"Will there be food? I like food."
We like food, too, but we request that you eat before you come... or after... whatever works best for you.
"Will there be beer? I like beer even more than I like food."
Yes, there will be beer. And wine. Because we love you.
"Love me? We've only just met!"
That's true. And we know someone who loves you enough to invite you to join us. Can't wait to connect in person!
Have questions about Conscious Capitalism Los Angeles — Exploring What's Possible!?
Contact Conscious Capitalism LA