San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Wednesday, January 15
4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
USF CONNECT Oak View Room
• Learn from others, share your experiences, and meet like-minded individuals
• Talk about what you’ve been thinking, creating or doing - and get some ideas on how to do it better
• A relaxing environment for making effective connections
Light refreshments will be provided.
The Council of Professionals is comprised of successful executives and serial entrepreneurs from throughout the Tampa Bay region. Members work with USF CONNECT’s leadership to support the incubator and its clients’ success by assessing needs and setting milestones, establishing partnerships and collaborations with potential mentors and organizations, recruiting new companies to the incubator and participating in educational workshops, seminars and networking events.
Tampa Bay Technology mentors are subject matter experts who are passionate about sharing their real-world knowledge and experience to support the success of motivated entrepreneurs in the incubator. Mentors and members of the Council of Professionals meet with clients regularly to assess their progress, provide advice and make introductions to other valuable contacts in their network. They provide the business skills the entrepreneur needs to grow their company. The mentors also present at educational seminars, providing a practical and unique perspective on various topics supporting business success and professional development.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access/ Affirmative Action Institution. Please notify USF CONNECT, 3802 Spectrum Blvd., Suite 100, Tampa, FL, 33612, call 813-974-1082, or email Wendy Plant at email@example.com, a minimum of five (5) working days in advance, if an accommodation for a disability is required.
Disclaimer: The University of South Florida and USF Research Foundation, Inc. are committed to the free exchange of ideas, reasoned debate and intellectual dialogue. Speakers and scholars with a diversity of opinions, perspectives and professional experiences are invited to the campus to provide the community with important or differing points of view, some of which may be deemed controversial. The views, opinions and conclusions of those invited to speak on the campus do not necessarily reflect the views of the university administration or any other segment of the university community. Nor are those invited to speak on campus necessarily authorized agents or representatives of the University or Research Foundation. The use of University or Research Foundation facilities for an event or presentation does not constitute an endorsement by the University or Research Foundation of the views, opinions and conclusions of those invited to speak.
When & Where
USF CONNECT is the business and economic development initiative of the University of South Florida (USF) that provides support for technology start-ups and serves as the point of entry for companies looking to do business with USF.
- Drives economic development through several programs including Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI), Student Innovation Incubator (SII), and the Florida High Tech Corridor Council’s (The Corridor) Matching Grants Research Program
- Unites technology and talent with businesses throughout a 23 county region, providing access to top-tier research, faculty, students, inventors, local organizations, economic development councils, supporting industry and capital funding sources
- Facilitates the needs of Tampa Bay's technology and bio/life sciences entrepreneurs throughout the business life cycle by providing professional amenities and resources for successful business development and technology commercialization