Actions and Detail Panel
Confined Space Awareness Training - Columbus OH
Tue, December 20, 2016, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM EST
Due to the colorless and odorless nature of the hazards associated with confined space entry, working in or around confined spaces can be extremely dangerous and even deadly! Every year over 100 people die from confined space entries in the United States alone. Over 40% of those fatalities involve attempted rescuers. It is critical to identify all employees with potential confined space exposure and provide Confined Space Awareness training. During our 2 hour Confined Space Awareness Training your employees will learn:
- The different types of confined spaces.
- Potential consequences of working unprotected in a confined space.
- Written confined space plans.
- How to determine if a space is considered to be a confined space.
- How to draft a confined space permit.
- How to determine if an atmosphere is hazardous.
- What carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide are.
- The potential consequences of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Building an entry team and what to do in the case of emergency.
OSHA recently updated the rule on Confined Spaces. With the new update they also released several tools which can help you navigate confined spaces:
Calibrating and Testing Direct-Reading Portable Gas Monitors
Confined Spaces in Construction
OSHA Alert – Loss of Start-Up Oxygen in CSE SR-100 Self-Contained Self-Rescuers
Permit-Required Confined Spaces in General Industry
We offer Confined Space Awareness Training at our training facility located in Cincinnati, OH every Tuesday from 8 am – 10 am. We also, can conduct a custom course for your employees at our training facility or yours. If you are within 40 miles of our Cincinnati, OH office we don’t charge travel fees. And if you are, we simply pass on our cost to you with no markup.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us toll-free by dialing 877-290-9648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org