Good social skills are the key to unlocking your child’s full potential... at school, at home, and with friends.
JOIN OUR GROUP FOR RISING 1st - 4th GRADERS & WATCH YOUR CHILD
- MAKE FRIENDS
- MANAGE ANGER
- FEEL CONFIDENT
Group Therapy Associates is pleased to offer a 5-week social skills group, led by our experienced child therapist who will guide kids through hands-on skill building activities to boost confidence, improve self-control, manage anxious feelings, and enhance social skills.
Your child will learn:
- How to manage anger and resolve conflict at home & at school
- deal with social stress and cope with anxious feelings
- Create healthy friendships and build self-confidence in social situations
- How to ask for help when they need it, be assertive, and express themselves in respectful and appropriate ways
- to identify their unique anxiety & anger triggers and build skills to manage all of their feelings effectively.
What parents are saying about Camp Confidence:
What to expect
- This group is perfect for kids who have excessive worry, difficulty making or keeping friends, social phobias, shyness, disruptive outbursts, or poor impulse control.
- Our groups are kept small to provide kids with a safe environment and plenty of individual attention to increase confidence and practice skills.
- Parents will get resources to take home to help your child make the most of what they're learning in group.
Each Session meets for 5 weeks - We will meet Mondays from 4:45 - 6:00pm
**November Group Dates: November 12 - December 14**
**January Group Dates: January 2 - January 30, 2017**
What people say about working with Group Therpay Associates:
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
The fastest way to get answers to your questions about group is via email to therapy[at]grouptherapyassociates.com. You can also call our office at 703-644-8041