Conference on Contemporary Competition Developments
Join us for a day of panel discussions and speeches on some of the hottest contemporary competition topics.
Hear from a number of renowned competition professionals from enforcement authorities, judiciary, in-house, private practice and economics, including:
- Gabriella Muscolo, Commissioner, Italian Autorità Garante della Concorrenza e del Mercato
- Andreas Mundt, President, German Bundeskartellamt
- Siún O'Keeffe, Senior Strategy Advisor, Dutch Autoriteit Consument en Markt
- Birgit Krüger, Head of General Policy Division, German Bundeskartellamt
- Mercedes Pedraz, Judge, Spanish Audiencia Nacional
- Isolde Goggin, Chairperson, Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
- Ann Pope, Senior Director Antitrust, UK Competition and Markets Authority
- Natalie Harsdorf, Deputy Managing Director, Austrian Bundeswettbewerbsbehörde
- Maria João Melícias, Member of the Board, Portuguese Autoridade da Concorrência
- Dina Lurje, Member of the Lithuanian Competition Council
- Annemiek Wilpshaar, Deputy Head of Unit, DG COMP, European Commission
- Anna Vernet, Deputy Head of Unit, DG COMP, European Commission
- Szilvia Szekely, Task Force Digital Single Market, DG COMP, European Commission
- Dr Cristina Caffarra, VP, Head of European Competition Practice, CRA
- Martina Maier, VP, General Counsel, Competition, Unilever
- Fiona Carlin, Head of Global Competition Practice, Baker McKenzie
- Miriam Ezrachi, Group Counsel, EMEA IoT, Labs, Software and Services, Intel
- Julia Holtz, Legal Director, Google
- Susan Jones, Head Corporate Legal Antitrust, Novartis
- Kjersti Bjerkebo, General Manager Legal, Panasonic Europe
- Prof Alison Jones, King’s College London
- Dr Ethel Fonseca, Principal, RBB Economics
- Dr Kathrin Westermann, Partner, Noerr
- Dr Barbara Veronese, Partner, CEG Global
- Aleksandra Boutin, Vice President, Compass Lexecon
- Angélique de Brousse, Counsel, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Ana Rita Rego, London Managing Editor, Mlex
- Evelina Kurgonaitė, Head of Policy Strategy & Legal Counsel, Samsung Electronics
Panel discussions will include:
Crystal ball gazing: merger control of the future
- ‘Refinement, improvement & simplification’ – trimming or mounting the red tape?
- Tailoring thresholds for data-rich targets in particular?
- Fine-tuning the referral mechanism?
Private competition enforcement: reality check past the Dec ‘16 Damages Directive deadline
- EU private enforcement landscape – before & after the directive
- Notable improvements & remaining obstacles
- Access to documents – disclosure & its impact on leniency
- Is Brussels I fit for purpose?
In search of the right box: rebates by dominant firms
- What’s next in the tale on ‘by object’ 102 TFEU infringements?
- Economics of exclusivity rebates – who benefits?
- Where does current case law leave competition authorities, courts & businesses?
The E-Commerce riddle: same, same yet different digital world?
- Key lessons learned from the sector enquiry so far
- How selective can selective distribution be today?
- Online free-riding economics
- What does the post-enquiry future hold?