Conference and Workshop on Papua : Promoting Insiders' View on Papua
As the part of The 16th Indonesian Scholars International Convention (ISIC) 2016, Conference and Workshop on Papua will be held in the University of Birmingham on the 2nd of October. This event will focus on the theme of "Promoting Insiders' View on Papua through Collaborative Research and Publication" and invite some speakers who have expertise in Papua development, such as,
1. Jaleswari Pramodhawardani (Deputi V of Indonesia Presidential Staff Office): "Development and Peace in Papua: Law, Defense, Human Rights, and Security Update"
2. Willem Wandik (Regent of Puncak Regency, Papua): "Reflection on Development and Public Service in Papua Highland"
3. Bambang Purwoko (Chief of Special Working Group on Papua at Gadjah Mada University): "Critical Reflection on the Development of Education and Culture in Papua"
4. David Pedder* (Director of Research at School of Education, University of Leicester, United Kingdom): "Inclusive and Sustainable Education in Papua: Opportunities and Challenges"
5. Gabriel Lele (Senior Researcher at Gadjah Mada University): "Improving Governance and State-Society Relationship in Papua"
This event is presented by Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia di United Kingdom (PPI-UK), Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia dan Masyarakat Indonesia Birmingham (PPI-MIB), and Lingkar Studi Papua (LSP).