This is a hands-on, practical workshop suitable for anyone wanting to learn more about how to collaboratively generate and prototype concepts for new customer and service experiences.
What we cover
- How to focus on future opportunities (versus problems)
- Collaborative methods for generating concepts
- Theory and practice of prototyping and testing services
- How to plan, test and iterate prototypes
- Collaborating with others to build consensus and buy-in
Who will want to attend?
This course is right for service designers, innovationists, change managers, and folk from front-line service delivery, marketing, communications, product development and IT.
It will support those seeking to:
- Create concepts to improve customer / staff experiences
- Prototye and test early concepts with customers / staff
- Build a case for funding customer-centric concepts
Why learn from us?
- We support Australia’s largest organisations
We work with many of Australia’s private and public organisations using Service Design to help them tackle their biggest challenges.
- Our expertise is recognised and sought after
Our work wins prestigious awards. We sit on the Good Design Council of Australia. We judge the Good Design Awards. Over the past year our people have been invited to speak or deliver workshops across Australia, as well as in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Bogotá and across the US.
- We love to share what we’ve learned
We continually evolve our approach and we love to share what we’ve learned along the way. We use real life examples and encourage others to share their experiences and questions.
- Those who learn with us give us the thumbs up
"Thank you again for a wonderful workshop. I found it extremely engaging and highly informative. The balance between theory, examples and practical exercises was perfect and delivered in a way that was easy to understand." Sydney 2016
About Meld Studios and the workshop team
Meld Studios is an award winning design studio with offices in Sydney and Melbourne. We seek to improve the everyday lives of people as they interact with the world around them.
We work with organisations such as Telstra, Qantas, Westpac, AMP, NRMA, The State Library of Victoria, the NSW Department of Justice, Digital Transformation Office, University of Melbourne, and the NSW Department of Education and Communities to do just that.
The workshop will be led by Iain Barker, co-founder and Principal at Meld Studios.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact email@example.com.
Do you tailor and run your courses for organisations?
We do. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I need to cancel?
We don't offer refunds, however you can transfer your registration to a colleague.