CompTIA Server+ Certification (2009 Objectives)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Certification: CompTIA® Server+® (2009 Objectives). Maps to the exam code: SK0-003.
Course Objective: You will install, configure, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot servers. You will also examine the server hardware and software, server IT environment, disaster recovery concepts, and learn information and skills that will be helpful on the job.
Target Student: The CompTIA® Server+® certification exam is targeted at IT professionals, network support technicians, and server hardware specialists having 18-24 months of experience in the information technology industry and hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware.
Prerequisites: Students taking this class or preparing for the Server+ 2009 examination should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is recommended that they also hold the CompTIA® A+® certification.
In addition to these exam requirements, to ensure your success with this course, we recommend you first take the following Element K courses or have equivalent knowledge: CompTIA® A+® Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for 2009 Objectives and CompTIA® Network+® Certification (2009 Objectives).
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine server fundamentals.
- Identify the hardware components of a server.
- Describe the features of server software.
- Examine the various types of storage systems used in servers.
- Install hardware components on a server.
- Configure servers.
- Examine the issues in upgrading server components.
- Identify some of the industry's best practices for deploying a server and the various strategies of securing, accessing, and remotely managing the server hardware.
- Troubleshoot servers.
- Describe disaster recovery concepts and techniques.
Discover ITT Riverchase Training Center
3 Riverchase Office Plaza
Discover Information Technology and Training