The first annual Columbus Women in Technology (CWiT) conference #WeOwnTheFuture, was even more successful than we could have hoped! Over 300 attendees came together for an inspirational day of learning, networking and personal development. We have already started preparations for the 2017 conference.
Many people have reached out suggesting one day a year simply isn’t enough.
We would love to explore what other things CWiT can offer beyond our annual conference. To that end we will need volunteers and supporters with a passion for supporting women in technology. If you would like to share ideas of where we as a community can take CWiT, or if you want to volunteer, we invite you to a CWiT Design session.
- Kickoff (10-15 minutes) with the format and objectives.
- Mission (10-15 minutes) Brainstorming warmup - Did we get it right? Let’s explore an overview of the mission of CWiT. Make sure it captures the true needs of the community.
- Power Storm (30 minutes) Let’s brainstorm different ideas of how CWiT might start accomplishing its mission.
- Divide and Conquer (20 minutes) We’ll use the storm to summarize the ideas and decide what to pursue.
- Step Up To The Plate (10 minutes) Closing activities, summarize and form groups/volunteers for the various activities.