Columbus, OH "Continuing Education & Networking Event"
October 17, 2013
6 AIA HSW Hours
1 ADA Hour | Accessibility/ADA/Barrier-Free
Gift Card Drawings at conclusion of Event: Sponsorsed by "Ron Blank & Associates, Inc"
08:00 AM Registration
08:30 – 09:30 AM
Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems - Updated July 2013
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Michael Cosyns
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
09:40 -10:40 AM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: 003696
AIA Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Kent Bradshaw
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker
Productivity & Energy Savings.
5. Life Savety Communications.
10:50 - 11:50 AM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Presenter: Shawn Haddock
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops
of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention,
as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards.
12:00 PM Lunch Sponsored by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures
01:00 - 02:00 PM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
02:10 - 03:10 PM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SDR 113
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Vernon McIntyre
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven
to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations
and long term service life.
03:20 - 04:20 PM
The Details of Accessible Design and Construction
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IRB00A
1 ADA Hour |Accessibility/ADA/Barrier-Free
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Ron Blank & Associates
1. Describe a basic overview of accessible design and construction requirements
2. Identify the typical accessibility oversights made during design and construction
3. Properly detail and specify plans to ensure accessibility compliance is achieved
4. Adjust plans to account for construction of accessible spaces and installation of
5. Identify accessibility mistakes through application examples and explain strategies
on how to avoid them.
Gift Card Drawings...Sponsorsed by "Ron Blank & Associates, Inc"
"This Agenda is a final schedule, but is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.