A comprehensive program to equip healthcare providers with everything they need to know to comply with the Colorado End-of-Life Options Act, protect patient’s rights and organizational integrity, and ensure continued compassionate care for all terminally ill patients and their families.
Presented by two of Colorado’s best-known end-of-life care educator-advocates--Jennifer Ballentine and Kim Mooney--this training will enable attendees to:
- Understand the basics and hidden complexities of the law
- Choose an organizational position—Opt Out, Arm’s Length, Educate & Support, or Embrace—aligned with their mission and values
- Create community messaging and educate staff, volunteers, and stakeholders about their approach to the law
- Prepare for operational and ethical challenges other states have encountered
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care
- Offer respectful, compassionate, and thorough responses to any patient expressing interest in hastened death
Registration includes continental breakfast, lunch, and extensive training and resource materials. Space is limited! Registration will close January 10; reserve your seat now!