Actions and Detail Panel
Color Vowel® Basics: A full-day workshop
Sat, April 22, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Color Vowel® Basics
Discover the Color Vowel® Chart and learn how teaching with a Color Vowel Approach powerfully intersects with English as a Second Language, pronunciation, literacy, spelling, and vocabulary development for learners of all ages. This 6-hour workshop is appropriate for English as a Second Language teachers, ESOL paraprofessionals, bilingual education teachers, pronunciation coaches, reading specialists, Speech Language Pathologists, and general educators. Registration includes workshop materials for both our Basics and our Teaching Confidently workshops, and lifetime access to our private online teaching community.
- Understand the history of English as an alphabetic language that is not (very) phonetically written and the resulting challenges we face as educators.
- Discover the untapped ‘secret’ of spoken English: word and phrase stress.
- Learn how the Color Vowel Chart serves as a visual organizer for words and phrases, providing learners with a powerful tool for vocabulary development.
- Familiarize yourself with our essential Color Vowel instructional techniques: anchoring, kinesthetic signaling, categorization, and acoustic flooding.
- Practice using these techniques and receive personalized feedback.
- Receive your own Color Vowel Teacher Starter Kit.
- Meet and have fun exploring English with other language educators.
Learn more about us and the Color Vowel Chart on our website at English Language Training Solutions.