Actions and Detail Panel
College Funding – Early Planning For Parents with Younger Children (Ages 0-...
Thu, April 27, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM PDT
College Funding – Early Planning For Parents with Younger Children
Parents are increasingly concerned with the rising cost of college and do not know where to start when it comes to planning for their children.
There’s conflicting information regarding the rate in which the colleges are increasing their costs and with the unknown of where their children will be attending, parents will often decide to wait to start preparing or start saving but find themselves drastically underfunded when their children are ready to attend.
We are holding a presentation to help families with younger children to learn more about the current college market, understand how the financial aid formulas work and learn more about the way other families are handling it.
Our guest speaker is Michelle Mai, President of College Planning Source.
Topics that will be covered and some additional information regarding the presentation:
- How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family.
- How to properly project the cost of college for your children.
- How to start saving for college without impacting your retirement.
- Which assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Department of Education calculates your Family Contribution.
- How to pay for college in a volatile economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or depleting your retirement accounts in the future.
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school.
Michelle Mai is a Financial Advisor who specializes in College Planning and has worked with over 1200 families to create strategic college funding plans. With over 12 years of experience in the college planning industry, along with her experience working in the UCSB financial aid office, she brings a very unique approach blending both admissions and funding to college planning. As one of the more innovative members of the college planning industry, she has developed a three-part system to help families identify and achieve their goals. She believes that a comprehensive college plan includes college funding, student development, and admissions. The three components are correlated and need to be development at the same time to produce the best outcome for a family.
Securities, investment advisory, and financial planning services are offered through qualified Registered Representatives of MML Investors Services, LLC. 4275 Executive Square, Suite 400, La Jolla, CA 92037 (858)558-7000. Raise The Bar Financial Group and Insurance Services and College Planning Sources are not subsidiaries or affiliates of MML Investors Services, LLC. CRN201901-207593