Parents of college-bound teens who are STRESSED out about paying for -and getting into - a top college should attend a free, small group workshop on "Financial Aid and Admissions Secrets." This information is geared toward helping business owners, middle class families and others who assume they cannot qualify for anything...
...and have no idea whether their kid(s) can even get into a decent, reputable college!
Andrew Lockwood, J.D., author of the best selling books How to Pay 'Wholesale' for College and The Incomparable Applicant and host of "The College Success for Less Show" will conduct a 90 minute presentation that covers the following information:
- Which types of savings accounts "penalize" you in the financial aid formulas, which do not count against you at all
- What to do at the 11th hour if you've saved in the wrong places
- The inconvenient, politically incorrect truth about what college admissions officers REALLY want to see (hint: it's not just super high grades and ridiculous standardized test scores)
- How millionnaires can get discounts of 48.6% off the cost of college
- How to "10X" odds of admission, even if your kid didn't cure a deadly disease last summer or build a village in a Third World country over winter break
- WARNING: your guidance counselor's, accountant's or "financial guy's" advice may have SABOTAGED your chances of aid
- The new changes to the FAFSA financial aid form and what they mean for your family
- The surprising truth about what admissions officers are REALLY looking for
- Little-known financial aid "loopholes" for business owners
- Negotiation secrets: How a mild-mannered college planner got an extra $30,000 - per year - out of a top West Coast college AFTER its "final" offer
Recent workshop in Avon, CT
WARNING - you're stressed out enough, there's a fairly good chance that the presenter will attempt to lighten the mood with one or 73 wisecracks, some of which may pass for "comedic." If you can't handle a joke here and there, or you're generally easily offended or uptight, you may want to take a pass - just sayin'.
There is no charge for the workshop. This is a free community program. However, there is one "catch:" the venue holds a limited number of families, so pre-registration is highly recommended so you do not lose out on getting this valuable information!
Oyster Bay, Long Island
College Talk Tuesday (www.CollegeTalkTuesday.live)
Can't make it to this event? Check out our webinar schedule at FinancialAidWebcast.com