Our college application summer boot camps are designed to help students get a “jump-start” on their college applications under the guidance of an expert admissions counselor. During these intensives, students will:
- Gain an understanding of the college admissions process and how admissions officers evaluate applications.
- Receive advice on which teachers should write the recommendations and how to ask for their help.
- Get feedback on which schools to apply to and the chances of admission.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups to complete the Common Application datasheets.
- Complete an activity chart that highlights high school awards, extracurricular activities, and leadership positions.
- Brainstorm, write, and edit a personal statement essay that can be used with a variety of applications.
- Learn interviewing techniques for admissions and alumni interviews.
Monday - Thursday
- 9AM - 12PM: Workshop - lead counselor will guide the group through major topics in admissions
- 12PM - 1PM: Lunch
- 1PM - 4PM: Worktime - counselors will be available to help!
- 6PM - 7PM: Parent Review - we will share with parents our suggestions for how students spend the rest of summer and fall to ensure applications are well done and finished well in advance of deadlines!