COFFEE, COMPOST AND CONVERSATION!
A Community Potluck Brunch and Gathering
hosted by The Growing Club and 3Coffee LA
Join us for this monthly event, hosted every 2nd Saturday of the month by The Growing Club & 3Coffee LA.
This month we will host the event at our latestest demonstration garden in Claremont, The Growing Commons.
Upcoming Coffee, Compost, and Conversation Dates:
(always 2nd Saturday of the month)
October 8, November 12, December 10
Coffee, Compost, and Conversation (CCC) is an open-to-the-public event meant to bring our community together for a wonderful morning at our beautiful farm! We have been working hard to grow lots of organic produce and create a beautiful space for our community to enjoy, so come on over and have brunch with us and learn about composting!
10:00-10:15 - Welcome to the Sarvodaya Farms
10:15-10:45 - Compost Demonstration - Compost Queen Lynn Fang will be doing a Compost Demonstration with food waste brought by CCC attendees (see the notes on what to bring)
10:45-11:15 - Coffee & Potluck Brunch - We will be serving LA micro-roasted, sustainably grown & traded coffee provided by our friends at 3Coffee LA. Brunch will be a potluck eaten together at Sarvodaya Farms.
11:15-12:00 - Conversation & Group Discussion - We will be having a group disucssion on a different topic every month, led by one of our farmers.
12:00-12:30 - Mini Farm Tour - If you haven't been to the farm before, we'll be offering a short tour to give new guests a taste of our unique farm.
What to Bring
- Organic Matter - All attendees are REQUIRED (yes absolutely required!) to bring something to add to our compost pile for our compost demonstration.
* Suggested items for composting include: your week's veggie scraps from your kitchen, fruit peels, leftover food that's been leftover too long, coffee grounds, egg shells, leaves from your trees, fiber leftover from juicing, etc.
* How much should you bring, you might ask? Well, whatever is reasonable for you to carry. The point of this exercise is to get people to realize what resources around them (such as vegetable scraps) are being "wasted" and can instead be put ot beneficial use (like making compost!)
- Food for the Potluck - Please bring a dish to share for our potluck brunch. You can bring anything you like, just bring enough to share. If you are not sure what to bring, here are some suggestions:
* Suggestions for potluck: pancakes, cut fruit, fruit salad, muffins, bread, a large omelette, frittata, etc.
- Dishes for the Potluck - All Growing Club events are Zero Waste events! We do not use disposable plates, cups, or utensils. Bring your own plates, coffee mugs, and utensils. We will have a sink setup for washing dishes.