The Lion & The Rose: Herbal Heart Tonic Making
We are excited to host community herbalist Celena De Luna for a special Coffee, Compost and Conversation on herbal allies for the heart! We will begin with a short tea ceremony to meet the spirit of a plant, then dive deep into discussion about a few plants that can help tonify & sooth our hearts. We will end with a demonstation on how to create our own heart tonics from home and a few offerings of herbal tonics for donation!
Celena De Luna is an artist and practicer of herbal medicine and healing through integration. She is a recent graduate of The Gaia School of Healing & Earth Education, an intimate apprenciship focused on exploring Plant Spirit Medicine and the energy centers of the Body. Prior to this, she owned and operated an Herbal raw almond milk company, dedicated to infusing delicious homegrown herbs with handmade almond milks. She is currently doing one-on-one integrative medicine consultations, freelance illustration work, and selling her small- batched herbal medicines online.
Learn more about Celena work through her Instagram @ofthemoonmedicine @ofthemoonillustrations
As always, there will be a community compost demonstration, free coffee provided by 3CoffeeLA, and a potluck brunch. Please bring something delicious to share.
COFFEE, COMPOST AND CONVERSATION!
A Community Potluck Brunch and Gathering
hosted by The Growing Club & 3Coffee LA
Upcoming Coffee, Compost, and Conversation for 2017 will continue on the 2nd Saturday of the month!
Coffee, Compost, and Conversation (CCC) is an open-to-the-public event meant to bring our community together for a wonderful morning at our beautiful farm! We have been working hard to grow lots of organic produce and create a beautiful space for our community to enjoy, so come on over and have brunch with us and learn about composting!
10:00-10:15 - Welcome to the Sarvodaya Farms
10:15-10:45 - Compost Demonstration
Compost Queen Lynn Fang will be doing a Composting Demonstration with food waste brought by CCC attendees (see the notes on what to bring)
10:45-11:15 Coffee & Potluck Brunch
We will be serving LA roasted, sustainably grown & traded coffee provided by our friends at 3Coffee LA. Brunch will be a potluck eaten together on Sarvodaya Farms Drive.
11:15-12:00 - Tonic Making
12:00-12:30 - Mini Farm Tour
If you haven't been to the farm before, we'll be offering a short tour to give new guests a taste of our unique farm.
What to Bring
- Organic Matter - All attendees are REQUIRED (yes, absolutely required!) to bring something to add to our compost pile for our compost demonstration.
* Suggested items for composting include: veggie scraps from your kitchen, fruit peels, leftover food that's been leftover too long, coffee grounds, egg shells, leaves from your trees, fiber leftover from juicing, etc.
* How much should you bring, you might ask? Well, whatever is reasonable for you to carry. The point of this exercise is to get people to realize what resources around them (such as vegetable scraps) are being "wasted" and can instead be put ot beneficial use (like making compost!)
- Food for the Potluck - Please bring a dish to share for our potluck brunch. You can bring anything you like, just bring enough to share. If you are not sure what to bring, here are some suggestions:
* Suggestions for potluck: pancakes, cut fruit, fruit salad, muffins, bread, oatmeal toppings (we will be making oatmeal, a large omelette, frittata, etc.
- Dishes for the Potluck - All Growing Club events are Zero Waste events. We do not use disposable plates, cups, or utensils. Bring your own plates, coffee mugs, and utensils. We will have a sink setup for washing dishes.