Welcome to CoderDojo!
CoderDojo is a global non-profit created to help youth learn to code. Kansas State University graciously allows us to use their space to host our sessions. All programming skillsets are wecome, from beginner to expert!
- Please arrive at 9:45am to get checked in and seated.
- All ages will need a parent or guardian to sign a waiver. Children aged 13 and under require a parent or guardian to be present during the session.
- Our mentors are trained and professional and offer a safe place for student to develop new skills.
- Parking: Parking is available in the College of Engineering parking lot, free of charge.
- All skillsets are welcome! Those with advanced knowledge will be assisted in creating more advanced projects.
- Please be respectful to the leaders, mentors, and volunteers. They donate their time and energy to make this program possible.
- Saturday, December 3rd
- Spring 2017 schedule TBA
Q. How old does my child have to be?
A. Children aged 11 - 17 are welcome and will need a parent or guardian to sign a permission slip. Ages 13 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during session.
Q. This session is sold out! What now?
A. Sign up for the waitling list. We have a lot of cancelations throughout the month, so you'll likely be able to attend. Watch your inbox for when we release your tickets.
Q. How long are sessions?
A. Sessions are 2 hours, from 10am to 12pm on one Saturday of each month.
Q. What does attendance cost?
A. Attending CoderDojo sessions is free, thanks to our volunteers and sponsors.
Q. Where are sessions located?
A. Sessions are held at the Kansas State University College of Engineering, DUE1114.
Q. Do I need to bring anything?
A. Computers are provided but you may bring a computer if you wish.
Q. Do I have to stay with my child for the sessions?
A. If your child is aged 13 or younger, your presence is required throughout the session. All parents and guardians are welcome to stay in a special area provided, so feel free to bring work or entertainment for the duration.
Q. If I'm staying, do I need to register for my own ticket?
A. No. Tickets are for children only. Please do not reserve a ticket for yourself.
Q. Does my child need prior knowledge to attend?
A. No, children can learn from the ground up.
Q. My child is looking for more advanced development resources. Will they still benefit from attending?
A. Yes. Many of the mentors are experienced developers with advanced skills and understanding of more difficult concepts.
Additional Questions can be directed to coderDojoMHK@gmail.com