Limited Spots Available!
Data Structures & Algorithms
Preparing for whiteboarding interviews that test your ability to understand and apply data structures and algorithms to a specific problem set? Need a more in-depth study of these core computer science topics? If you're new to the world of algorithms or just need a refresher, this course will train you with the most widely used CS concepts.
In this course, developers will dive into the world of data structures, Big O notation, computational thinking, whiteboarding, and much more.
- Be able to correctly evaluate the efficiency of common modern algorithms.
- Build your own data structures from scratch to solve code challenges, in the approved programming language of your choice.
- Demonstrate the parallel whiteboarding skills of communication, coding, problem solving, and analysis to correctly solve challenges at the whiteboard.
- Correctly identify what data structures to use for common code challenges and on-the-job tasks.
- Write common algorithms for data structures like arrays, linked lists, trees, and graphs.
- Demonstrate the command of computer science vocabulary to be able to speak like a professional software developer.
- Why algorithms matter
- Complexity analysis—Big O Notation
- Data abstractions and assumptions
- Formal definitions
- Improving running time
- Basic data structures
- Arrays (fixed, re-sizable)
- Linked Lists
- Hash tables
- How to whiteboard
- Math (probability, combinatorics)
- Computational thinking
- Algorithmic thinking
- Strategies for attacking a coding problem
- Elementary sorting algorithms
- Radix sort
- Priority queue
- Domain modeling
- System design questions
- Behavioral questions
- Graph algorithms
- Recursion with common string questions
- System Design
- Wrap up & resources
[Some financial aid and scholarships options available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. ]