Limited Spots Available!
Web Application Development with React & Redux
- Emerge with a thorough knowledge of the React ecosystem, including JSX for templating, Redux for state management, React-Router for front-end routing, Enzyme for testing, and Gatsby for static site generation.
- Be able to scaffold, design, build, and test several different styles of front-end websites.
- Enhance their skills with Lodash and functional programming styles.
- Implement a single-page application where data is retrieved from RESTful API services.
- Generate a static website from collections of files.
- Sunday, Dec. 4, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 5, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 7, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 8, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 11, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 12, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 15, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 18, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Context: Why React matters
- The component model
- Passing props and the component model
- Components as pure functions
- Components as ES6 classes
- The React/Webpack build process
- Passing data between components
- Bound functions and callbacks
- Component lifecycle hooks (getInitialState, componentWillMount, etc.)
- Asynchronous actions (e.g. AJAX)
- Forms in React (controlled vs. uncontrolled)
- Client-side routing with React-Router
- Brief functional programming review
- Introduction to Redux for state management
- Dividing components into “smart” and “presentational”
- Asynchronous actions with Redux
- Middleware for API calls
- Scaffolding a testing framework with Enzyme
- Testing pure Redux functions
- Static website generation with Gatsby
- Stateless component architecture
- Extending the React ecosystem
- CSS modules
- Course wrap-up
About the Instructor