2 Days COBIT® 5 Foundation Course
COBIT® 5 Foundation Course – COBIT501
Time: 9:30am -5:30pm
Course fee: HKD 7,000 (including exam fee)
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is a about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example COBIT foundation level knowledge.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT governance domain.
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
At the end of this course, participants will enjoy these benefits:
- Master COBIT 5 at a foundation level
- Interact and learn from peers in this intensive, group-learning exercise
- Apply COBIT in their day-to-day practice
The course is a steppingstone for the COBIT Implementation Methodology course, as well as other COBIT 5 courses.
Participants receive an electronic copy of the classroom presentation materials.
About the Examination
The exam is in closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50%. The exam lasts for 40 minutes. The exam is paper-based.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA's guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner – with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic, and is useful for enterprises of all sizes; whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.