Coastal Cleanup Day (Los Angeles County)
Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Be part of the biggest volunteer day on the planet! Join Heal the Bay for California Coastal Cleanup Day on September 21, 2013. Los Angeles County has over 50 Coastal Cleanup Day sites to choose from. Find a site near you!
For more information, visit healthebay.org/ccd.
· ALL VOLUNTEERS
– Only the group leader needs to register online: Volunteers must be 13 years old or accompanied by an adult. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a liability waiver form signed by a parent or legal guardian in order to participate. Sign up for yourself and make sure to indicate how many volunteers you expect to bring to the event.
– Must sign a liability waiver form: Volunteers must be 13 years old or accompanied by an adult. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a liability waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate.
– Cleanup materials will be provided. Disposable trash bags, non-latex gloves and data cards with pencils will be available at all sites (except at Zero Waste sites).
– Bring your own reusable supplies! You can help reduce the amount of plastic trash we create at the cleanup by bringing your own reusable bucket and garden gloves from home (optional).
– Make your Coastal Cleanup Day zero waste: We are working hard to reduce the amount of trash created on Coastal Cleanup Day. Join us at a Zero Waste Site and take the challenge!
· CODE RED SITES
– Willing to get dirty?: You can help make a big difference at CODE RED SITES. These are cleanup locations that really need tons of people, strong muscles and hard working volunteers to make a visible impact at that site due to the amounts of trash present.
PLEASE NOTE: The following sites are part of LA County Coastal Cleanup Day but have separate websites:
· KAYAK –You MUST pre-register to participate at the Kayak site. Sign up online at santamonicabay.org.
· LONG BEACH – For more information about the Long Beach sites on our map, go to: longbeach.gov/naturecenter/california_coastal_clean_up.asp
This year, we've made it easier than ever for you to raise money for Coastal Cleanup Day!
Fundraise for Heal the Bay by sharing your volunteer profile with friends, family and colleagues. Once you sign up here, you can create a volunteer fundraising page in minutes. Volunteers that raise more than $100 get a Heal the Bay t-shirt!
Can't make it to Coastal Cleanup Day? Make a donation today to keep our coasts clean! $25 provides reusable supplies for our next beach cleanup.
When & Where
Heal the Bay
Heal the Bay is an environmental nonprofit dedicated to making the coastal waters and watersheds of Greater Los Angeles safe, healthy and clean. To fulfill our mission, we use science, education, community action and advocacy.