Who this is suitable for:
This course is designed for those whose responsibility is to develop the classroom teaching of colleagues, in particular, Middle Leaders, Heads of Department, Coaches and AST’s.
As excellent professionals in the classroom we are tasked with encouraging the professional development of colleagues. However, all too often, exceptional teaching sta can feel burdened in this role without the provision of necessary training, not in Teaching and Learning, but in the process of ‘Coaching for Development’.
Outcomes for Delegates:
• To understand the key principles of coaching and mentoring and how to employ them effectively and confidently to enable sustained change.
• How to deal with diffcult ‘clients’ who do not see the need for, or understand, positive change.
• To discuss the principles of ‘good’ teaching and break this down into a cohesive and individual blue print for coaching development.
• To explore ways of extracting ‘solutions’ without giving ‘the answers’.
• To provide coaches with ways forward to implement tecniques into building sustainable CPD frameworks in their own schools.
• To be able to help others confidently control scenarios in the classroom that may be challenging.
• The importance of ‘down load listening’ as a fundamental technique for improvement.
• The ability to ‘turn on a lightbulb’ in an under confident colleague.
Leicestershire - Wednesday 18th January 2017
Nottinghamshire - Wednesday 26th April 2017
Leicestershire - Wednesday 5th July 2017
Derbyshire - Wednesday 20th September 2017
All courses support the principles of the new Teachers Professional Development Standards and most recent OFSTED framework
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For further information about all of our courses and bespoke services contact Claire:
Telephone: 0115 9648204
Or visit our website: www.cgrassociates.com