Actions and Detail Panel
Co-Parenting 101 class
Thu, April 13, 2017, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
What: 3-4 hour interactive class
When: Thursday nights 5:30pm-8:30pm or Saturday 9:30am-12:30pm, offered twice a month
How much: $125/person (price includes materials)
Where: Location is in Homewood, AL
Co-Parenting 101 is an interactive, educational program designed to teach effective parenting during the transitions of parental separation or divorce. This multi-media class highlights cutting edge research on the critical role parents play in their child’s ability to adjust and thrive in the transition and disruption of separation and divorce. This class emphasizes the responsibility of each parent to provide a nurturing, safe environment for the child.
- Identifying feelings associated with separation and divorce
- Ways children of varying ages may react during transitions
- Suggested ways of talking to children about divorce
- Establishing a coparenting relationship
- Navigating changes in the living situation
- Creating new family structures and rhythms
This is an educational program and not a counseling session. The focus is on establishing new patterns of communication that benefit the children and bolster the effectiveness of the new family dynamic. Parents will not be discussing interpersonal issues.
- One million parents have successfully completed the program over the last decade.
- Co-Parenting 101 (formerly TransParenting) is a national program operating in 40 states and 200 jurisdictions.
- 96% of family court judges surveyed report that the program “serves to lessen the negative efforts of divorce on children” (Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 1997).
- The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges awarded the original program the “Unique and Innovative Project Award”.
- Exit interviews consistently show high ratings. Despite being mandated to attend and paying a fee, more than 94% of parents say the program is “helpful;” or “extremely helpful”. 98% would recommend the program to others.
- Each participant will receive a Parent Handbook, which outlines the seminar content and provides an excellent resource for parents during this journey.