Want to learn how to make your own files to run on the Asylum's Blackfoot CNC router? In just a couple of hours Judah Sher will teach you the basics of profiling, pocketing, and engraving in this popular free CAM software.
This class will familiarize students with CamBam free, allowing them to make their own files to run on the Blackfoot CNC router.
Judah Sher has a BS in industrial design, and has been building and using CNC routers for two years. He has recently started Sindrian Arts, a business devoted to selling CNC machine kits and CNC-made products.
Sunday, January 13, 12:30PM - 2:30PM
When & Where
Artisan's Asylum, Inc.
Artisan's Asylum is a 40,000 sq. ft. member-based non-profit community fabrication center located in Somerville MA, dedicated to making creativity a way of life. Our mission is to support and promote the teaching, learning and practicing of design & fabrication by offering:
* Shared design and fabrication tools and equipment in our various community workshops.
* A large range of publicly-accessible classes offered by local artisans.
* Various monthly membership structures allowing access to our facility.
* On-site studio and storage rentals allowing members to create and store projects on-site.
* Hosting local craft-related events to help encourage DIY culture and community craftsmanship.