Cloud Native Weekend (single day event)

Cloud Native Weekend (single day event)

Actions and Detail Panel

Sold Out

Date and time

Location

Hotel Boulderado

2115 13th Street

Boulder, CO 80302

View map

Join us for this free workshop in Boulder!

About this event

During this one day software engineering workshop you will spend the majority of your time immersed in leading-edge tools and techniques. The workshop is intended for individuals writing or looking to write software professionally. Individuals will program during the workshop. You will learn how to test drive clean architectures, to organize your codebase to evolve over time—and to determine when to build microservice driven architectures.

AGENDA

Friday

09am - 10am - Welcome, day-in-the-life

10am - 11pm - Modern software engineering principles and practices

11am - 12pm - Test driven development (TDD)

12pm - 02pm - Lunch break

02pm - 03pm - Functional programming concepts

03pm - 04pm - Evolutionary architecture

04pm - 05pm - Scaling distributed systems

05pm - Celebration happy hour

WHO SHOULD ATTEND

The workshop is intended for individuals writing or looking to write software professionally. Individuals will program during the workshop.

WHAT TO EXPECT

Expect to participate in a variety of coding and noncoding activities. We will spend around 40% of our time on theory and the remaining 60% doing hands-on work. You will hear from industry experts how they have built great software teams, and discuss how to apply these techniques to your teams. Learn the common pitfalls in technical execution, and how to reduce this risk.

Share with friends