The Virtualization Essentials™ Professional certification demonstrates that candidates have the skill set and knowledge to operate in a modern IT organization that is utilizing virtualization techniques. Certification allows IT professionals to operate effectively in a cloud environment as they speak the appropriate language, and demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts and terminology relevant to virtualization.
It provides the baseline foundation needed in order to successfully complete subsequent vendor-specific training programs. Certification is also a critical step to advance your career as IT organizations look for qualified VEPs.
Benefits of Certification
- VEP Certification is the first building block for an IT professional and provides eligibility to any solution specific training program
- Certification adds value to the career development of IT professionals as VEP is a highly desired qualifications by IT organizations
- Provides relevant competences for IT professionals to work in a modern, innovative IT organization
- Will help the IT professional to advance his or her career in the cloud and virtualization domain
How to become Certified
- To become certified, a professional has to pass the Virtualization Foundation Exam.
- The Virtualization Essentials Exam provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business perspective, the technical organization, and operating and governing virtualization. Passing the exam, allows candidates to become a Virtualization Essentials™ Professional (VEP).
- 40 questions
- multiple choice question based exam
- closed book exam
- 60 minutes to complete the exam
- Bloom level 1 -2
Specific objectives for the Virtualization Essentials exam:
- Specify the technical capabilities and operating model for virtual infrastructures.
- Discuss how business benefits can be described and measured.
- Describe the implications for direct costs and cost allocations.
- Explain relevant barriers to adoption and success with virtualization and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Outline the technical approaches, components, capabilities, and techniques of virtualization technologies.
- Explain the steps that lead to successful adoption of virtualization technologies.
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management.
- Identify the issues associated with integrating virtualization into an organization’s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.