The Kurent Jump on Friday, February 24, 2017 from 6-9pm will kick off the Cleveland Kurentovanje weekend at Goldhorn Brewery (1361 East 55th, Cleveland). Join us the following day on Saturday, February 25, 2017 for the Cleveland Kurentovanje Festival which is free and open to the public.
Kurent Jump is traditionally the first time that the Kurents appear in public, with their bells loudly ringing as they dance around a campfire, initiating the Kurents' mission of chasing winter to make way for spring. The Kurent Jump is a phenomenon that has emerged in recent times in Slovenia, and this is the second year we will hold this event in Cleveland.
In addition to the spectacle of the Kurent Jump, attendees will enjoy:
- A complementary drink-- your first drink is on us!
- Complementary heavy appetizers
- A special Kurentovanje Pivo (beer) will be available
- Free Tours of the Goldhorn Brewery
Through the generosity of the Goldhorn Brewery, 100% of all ticket sales will go directly towards offsetting the costs of Cleveland Kurentovanje, including the purchase of new Kurent costumes which cost upwards of $2000 each.
- Presale Tickets (Exclusively Through Eventbrite - closes at 2/24 at 12am): $25
- Tickets at the Door (Cash Only): $30